tweet this Content by Twitter, Facebook; Reddit or other Networks, thanks!
Biz & IT – Ars Technica Serving the Technologist for more than a decade. IT news, reviews, and analysis.
- More than 100,000 people have had their eyes scanned for free cryptocurrencyby Eric Bangeman on 22. October 2021 at 14:27
Worldcoin reveals “orb” scanner, aims to distribute cryptocurrency to 1 billion people.
- How hackers hijacked thousands of high-profile YouTube accountsby WIRED on 21. October 2021 at 15:00
Spate of attacks turned creator channels into cryptocurrency scam livestreams.
- Passengers couldn’t fly after NHS vaccine passport went offlineby Ax Sharma on 14. October 2021 at 18:04
Outage lasted approximately 4 hours, causing issues with health app.
- Verizon’s Visible cell customers hacked, leading to unauthorized purchasesby Ax Sharma on 14. October 2021 at 12:40
Company suspects credential stuffing, but questions remain.
- “Hacker X”—the American who built a pro-Trump fake news empire—unmasks himselfby Ax Sharma on 14. October 2021 at 12:00
He was hired to build a fake news op but now wants to put things right.
- US gov’t will slap contractors with civil lawsuits for hiding breachesby Ax Sharma on 7. October 2021 at 12:46
Civil Cyber-Fraud Initiative mandates data-breach reporting for gov’t contractors.
- Twitch source code, creator earnings exposed in 125GB leakby Ax Sharma on 6. October 2021 at 19:31
Twitch blames a “server configuration change” for the massive data leak.